Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Asking Questions


Asking Questions


My students have been learning about asking questions before, during and after reading. Something good readers always do. My students are great at coming up with questions while reading a selection but they were struggling with coming up with questions before the reading and after.
So I created these cards that students can use at a reading center. After a while you find that the students internalize these cards and are able to come up with the questions on their own.
While this strategy is something you can observe while working with a small group I found I wanted some form of documentation for those students working independently. I also created a form that can be filled out and turned in at the end of the week. But I found that the cards were the best thing ever.
As you know there are plenty of forms of this type out there in English but I found none in Spanish. So I created one for use in my classroom. You can purchase this packet at my TPT store for use in your Spanish Dual Language class. I hope you find this helpful.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Spanish-Questioning-Cards

2 comments:

  1. I always ask them the question. Making them inventing the question is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! As I have worked as a coach in different classrooms, I can really tell a difference in the classes where the teachers have intentionally worked to teach their children how to wonder and ask questions. I like how you identified where your kids were strong and where they needed more direct support. I just pinned your chart and posted a link to this post on my Facebook page!

    ReplyDelete